WELCOME TO THE LADY JANE CHAT ROOM
Scheduled times are as follows:
- Anytime you wish to gather with Jane friends
Instructions: Please Read!
For access through this web site:
- Click on the link at the bottom of this screen
- The page will load automatically.
- A "security" box will pop up.
- You will be prompted to accept the download.
- Click "yes," or you will not be able to access the chat.
- Once the room loads, select a "nickname" by clicking in the box that says "guest."
- Leave everything else as is.
- Click "connect" and come on in!
- From the main MSN page, select "About Town"
- Select "Chat"
- Select "Go To"
- Input the following information:
- server: irc.starchat.net
- port: 7000
- channel (room): #JaneSeymourChat
- Click "Connect".
- Don't forget to type a nickname for yourself.
- You will see "rules" appear, and you'll be in the room!
IRC or mIRC:
- Open the program/client.
- Make sure you are signed in using your nickname.
- On the "status" screen, type "/join #JaneSeymourChat"
- You will be taken to the room.
- You need to register with StarChat before you will be able to be "seen" in a chat room.
- Go to www.starchat.net/aol.php
- Register a nickname, e-mail address, and select a password
- You will receive an e-mail from NickServ@StarChat.Net that confirms your registration and provides an activation code.
- Forward this e-mail to "email@example.com"
- Download mIRC from www.starchat.net (StarMIRC) or www.mirc.com (download mirc) and open the program once download is complete.
- A window will pop up "mIRC Options" where you will be prompted to sign in.
- IRC Servers: StarChat
- Box below that: StarChat: Random Server
- Input your name, e-mail address, nickname that you used to register, and an alternate nickname.
- Click on "Connect to IRC Server"
- This will take you to a "status screen" that will tell you if you are signed in or not. You can also check this by passing your mouse over the button at the top right of your screen. It looks like lightning bolts. It will say "connect" if you are not connected or "disconnect" if you are connected.
- Once connected, type "/quote identify YourPassword" replacing YourPassword with the password you used to register.
- You should receive a message that your password has been accepted.
- Type /join #JaneSeymourChat
- You will be in the chat room!
Problems? Contact us and detail your problem(s) so we can troubleshoot and help you gain access.
Scheduled chats have been held on Saturday and Sunday at 6:00pm EST. We are still working on the best times and options to allow everyone a good time to chat. Feel free to chat with anyone who enters. The staff of the web site will do their best to join when we can.